Shipping and Delivery
We want you to receive your lovely products as efficiently as possible, wherever you are in the world. Please read the following to confirm all you need to know about the safe delivery of your order:
When will you send my order?
- We send your order as soon as we possibly can 😊. We try to send within a day of receiving the order, but we are a tiny team who also run all other aspects of our family business and we are not Amazon (thank goodness), so sometimes it can take a little time to get your order packed and sent.
- If you need the order for a certain date, e.g. for a special occasion, please just drop us a line and we will leap to it and send immediately.
- Once we have packed and sent your order, you will receive an email notification to say that ‘We have finished processing your order’.
- Clients must inform us that an order has not been received within 28 days from the day the order was shipped. Beyond 28 days after shipping, we no longer hold responsibility for tracing or replacing missing parcels/orders and client swill need to place a new order for replacement goods.
We use good old ROYAL MAIL for most of our UK deliveries.
OUR RECOMMENDED OPTION: Tracked 24 or Tracked 48
We highly recommend opting for Tracked 24 and Tracked 48 services for swift, efficient and secure deliveries, reaching you within 24/48 hours respectively from the day we send, with tracking notifications by text message and email. Compensation for loss/damage up to £100.
We also offer first class post for small items which will fit in the ‘large letter’ format. A cheaper option for non-valuable. Aims to deliver the next working day following collection, including Saturdays; insured up to £20 (delivery times can vary a little at busy times and are not guaranteed)
UK HEAVY parcels and courier deliveries:
If your parcel is over 2kg, it cannot be sent by Royal Mail.
Instead we use DHL EXPRESS which offers:
- Next working day delivery, end-to-end tracking, and a courier delivery with signature on delivery.
- This also provides a next day courier delivery if you prefer this over a Royal Mail delivery.
VAT on UK delivery costs:
We charge 20% VAT on all UK postage/courier and packing costs, as required by HMRC.
We now use DHL AIR EXPRESS COURIER and Tracked International Post services for swifter and more efficient international deliveries:
OUR HIGHLY RECOMMEDED OPTION: DHL AIR EXPRESS:
- We highly recommend this option for a very secure and swift delivery worldwide, particularly for expensive and delicate items.
- For example: Europe 1 day / North America 1-2 days / Australia 3 days / Africa 2 days (timings are always estimates only and can of course vary during busy times).
- The service offer paperless customs, end to end tracking, with email updates and a courier delivery with signature on delivery. Includes insurance at £21 / kg.
- We use DHLs’s ‘GoGreen Climate Neutral’ to ensure that all shipments and their associated CO2 emmisisons are subject to carbon offsetting.
- This service only offers shipping up to 5kg total. If your order does exceed this, the website may not offer you a shipping option. Please contact us for a quote.
IMPORTANT NOTE re REMOTE LOCATIONS: Some delivery addresses carry a premium cost due to their remoteness. DHL apply and extra £9 to deliver to these locations. We do NOT allow for this within our pricing to avoid overall inflated shipping prices. If your address requires this addition, we will inform you and reserve the right to send an invoice for the extra amount.
DHL EXPRESS AIR EXPRESS, WITH FULL INSURANCE:
- Paying an additional £12 allows the service above to be fully insured up to £800. We recommend this option for parcels containing particularly expensive, delicate or difficult to replace items or when ordering from locations where delivery security may be less secure.
Tracked & Signed International Post:
- This is the cheaper alternative to the DHL courier service and is provided by Royal Mail in the UK, linking to your country’s postal service on arrival.
- The service aims to deliver within 3-4 days for EUROPE, 5-7 days WORLDWIDE. Estimated times only.
- The service is tracked and requires a signature on delivery.
- However please be aware the delivery times can be considerably slower due to the current Covid 19 situaiton and at busy times of the year. Tracking may also be somewhat affected by the Covid situation in individual countries.
- Tracking is not as frequent as for DHL Air Express.
- Suitable for less valuable items and those which are less time sensitive.
VAT and international deliveries:
We charge ZERO VAT on ALL international orders and courier costs.
When viewing our website, prices should show as zero rated for VAT, however this relies on GPS and does not always adjust immediately. However, UK 20% VAT will always be removed at the checkout when entering your address outside the UK. You will never pay UK VAT if you do not live in the UK.
EUROPEAN deliveries POST BREXIT:
- Our website does NOT charge UK VAT (20%) on any purchase, we charge ZERO VAT for all international orders.
- However, VAT (at the rate set by your own country) will be payable prior to receiving the goods
- DUTY may also be payable on any of our products which are not made in the UK/Europe (although most are made here). If you are concerned which products these are, please contact us.
- All mail suppliers will also now charge a handling fee for organising the VAT/DUTY payment.
- DHL / the postal service will contact you by text or email, providing a secure payment link and will release the parcel once payment is received.
We ensure that our packaging is as kind to the environment as possible.
We use recyclable cardboard boxes with recyclable paper tape.
We recycle pre-used packaging sent in parcels to us, furthering its life, and would encourage clients to re-use the packaging we send to them.
We use biodegradable cellophane bags to package items which need protection.
We keep all packaging to the minimum required for safe delivery.