Shipping and Delivery
We want you to receive your lovely products as efficiently as possible, wherever you are in the world. Please read the following to confirm all you need to know about the safe delivery of your order:
When will you send my order?
- We send your order as soon as we possibly can 😊. We try to send within a day of receiving the order, but we are a tiny team who also run all other aspects of our family business and we are not Amazon (thank goodness), so sometimes it can take a little time to get your order packed and sent.
- If you need the order for a certain date, e.g. for a special occasion, please just drop us a line and we will leap to it and send immediately.
- Once we have packed and sent your order, you will receive an email notification to say that ‘We have finished processing your order’.
We use good old ROYAL MAIL for most of our UK deliveries.
OUR RECOMMENDED OPTION: 1st Class:
Aims to deliver the next working day following collection, including Saturdays; insured up to £20 (although delivery times can vary a little at busy times and are not guaranteed)
a little cheaper and aims to deliver within 2-3 working days following collection, including Saturdays, insured up to £20 (this can also vary and is not guaranteed)
UK HEAVY parcels and courier deliveries:
If your parcel is over 2kg, it cannot be sent by Royal Mail.
Instead we use DHL EXPRESS which offers:
- Next working day delivery, end-to-end tracking, and a courier delivery with signature on delivery.
- This also provides a next day courier delivery if you prefer this over a Royal Mail delivery.
VAT on UK delivery costs:
We charge 20% VAT on all UK postage/courier and packing costs, as required by HMRC.
We now use DHL EXPRESS and DHL GlobalMail courier services for swifter and more efficient international deliveries:
OUR HIGHLY RECOMMEDED OPTION: DHL AIR EXPRESS:
- We highly recommend this option for a very secure and swift delivery worldwide, particularly for expensive and delicate items.
- For example: Europe 1 day / North America 1-2 days / Australia 3 days / Africa 2 days (timings are always estimates only).
- The service offer paperless customs, end to end tracking, with email updates and a courier delivery with signature on delivery. Includes insurance at £21 / kg.
- We use DHLs’s ‘GoGreen Climate Neutral’ to ensure that all shipments and their associated CO2 emmisisons are subject to carbon offsetting.
- This service only offers shipping up to 5kg total. If your order does exceed this, the website may not offer you a shipping option. Please contact us for a quote.
IMPORTANT NOTE re REMOTE LOCATIONS: Some delivery addresses carry a premium cost due to their remoteness. DHL apply and extra £9 to deliver to these locations. We do NOT allow for this within our pricing to avoid overall inflated shipping prices. If your address requires this addition, we will inform you and send an invoice for the extra amount.
DHL EXPRESS AIR EXPRESS, WITH FULL INSURANCE:
- Paying an additional £12 allows the service above to be fully insured up to £800. We recommend this option for parcels containing particularly expensive, delicate or difficult to replace items or when ordering from locations where delivery security may be less secure.
DHL Globalmail PLUS:
- This is a cheaper option with slightly slower delivery times but is still a priority international mail service and offers the fastest times possible within the international mail network.
- Suitable for less valuable items and those which are less time sensitive.
- For example: Europe 3-6 days / North America 4-6 days / Rest of the World 6-12 days. PLEASE NOTE that these are estimated times only, and may be longer, particularly during the period of the pandemic.
- IMPORTANT NOTE: Due to issues resulting from the pandemic, current delivery times may be much longer than usual, for example up to 2 months to Australia / New Zealand.
- Parcels enter the postal system of the destination country.
- The service is tracked with a signature on delivery. Frequency of tracking can vary between countries and Globalmail tracking is not as regular as DHL express tracking.
VAT and international deliveries:
We charge ZERO VAT on ALL international orders and courier costs.
When viewing our website, prices should show as zero rated for VAT, however this relies on GPS and does not always adjust immediately. However, UK 20% VAT will always be removed at the checkout when entering your address outside the UK. You will never pay UK VAT if you do not live in the UK.
EUROPEAN deliveries POST BREXIT:
- Our website does NOT charge UK VAT (20%) on any purchase, we charge ZERO VAT for all international orders.
- However, VAT (at the rate set by your own country) will be payable prior to receiving the goods
- DUTY may also be payable on any of our products which are not made in the UK/Europe (although most are made here). If you are concerned which products these are, please contact us.
- All mail suppliers will also now charge a handling fee for organising the VAT/DUTY payment.
- DHL will contact you by text or email, providing a secure payment link and will release the parcel once payment is received.
We ensure that our packaging is as kind to the environment as possible.
We use recyclable cardboard boxes with recyclable paper tape.
We recycle pre-used packaging sent in parcels to us, furthering its life, and would encourage clients to re-use the packaging we send to them.
We use biodegradable cellophane bags to package items which need protection.
We keep all packaging to the minimum required for safe delivery.