This is my preferred cord for lacing slate frames. Strong, hard wearing and with minimal stretch, it provides the best tension possible over your frame, remaining taut even when working a piece over a long period of time. The cord can be used many times over without wear and can be washed if required. It can be threaded using an awl or stiletto to ease the initial hole in the fabric, followed by a packing needle to pass the cord through.
Sold by the metre.
- For an 8″ or 10″ frame, you require 5 metres.
- For a 12″ frame, 6 metres.
- For a 15″ frame, 8 metres
- For an 18′ frame, 10 metres
- For a 24′ frame, 15 metres
If you are not sure what a slate frame is or how to use one, I have created this video tutorial to explain all about them. I hope you will find it helpful.